David Lieberstein brings a unique, informed perspective with over 45 years of experience in business planning, product development, manufacturing, licensing, wholesale marketing and retailing. David has founded a number of wholesale gift and houseware companies as well as a regional sales agency and retail outlet store over the years with total revenues in excess of $100 Million.
David’s core competency in business are product development, overseas sourcing, logistics, licensing, marketing strategies and innovative thinking.
David is married with a 14 year old son and is an accomplished musician and recording artist. His interests include music, photography, travel, and hiking.
BONSAI URN 2017
President/founder – created, designed and patented the Bonsai Urn, a portable, environmentally friendly way to care for a loved one’s remains by growing life from loving memories.
DREAM PRODUCT GURU 2013 – current
• Consulting, coaching and mentoring.
• Specializing in product development, overseas sourcing, cost analysis, logistics, marketing strategy and overall business planning for inventors and start up companies.
• Sales management including appointing sales agencies nationally and key account sales.
• Licensing Agent for inventors, specializing in Housewares, Hardware and pet related consumer products.
• Financial Investment consultant to investors and companies seeking capital.
WINE THINGS, INC. 1983 to 2013
Glassware, Wine Charms, Bottle Stoppers, Ceramics & Wine Accessories
Annual revenue ranged from $2 Mil – $5.5 Mil over the years
• Wine-related gift and houseware products featuring licensed artists and major collegiate logos on over 600 products
• Market presence at national trade shows including Atlanta , New York, Dallas gift shows and CAMEX collegiate show.
• David attended Hong Kong and Canton Gift Fairs annually to search for new products and vendors and meet with factories.
• Past licensed lines: Hasbro, Warner Brothers, Laurel Burch, Star Trek
• Acquired ‘That Wine is Mine’ wine charm company in 2003
SONOMA TABLETOP OUTLET STORE 2003 – 2013
Retail outlet store at Wine Things location offering glassware, wine accessories, and tabletop linens to the consumer at wholesale pricing.
WINE THINGS UNLIMITED Sales Agency 1981 – 2006
• Manufacturer’s Representatives focused on wine country related products
and gourmet foods in Northern CA.
• Major market presence at S.F. Gift Show with over 30 booths, 25 vendors and 15 road reps with annual sales in 2001 of over $4 Mil
GRAPEVINE PRESS, Inc. 1980 – 1986
• Featured wine related images on notecards and stationery products sold nationally at wholesale to independent retailers
VISUAL CREATIONS LICENSING 1975 – 1980
• Licensed artists through Sony Corp in Japan and independently
of the U.S. with annual licensed sales volume in excess of $20 Mil
VISUAL CREATIONS, Inc. 1970 – 1980
• Greeting card and stationery company initially featuring David’s photography expanding to include other licensed artist’s designs.
• Involved in all aspects of art direction, printing, and marketing.
• Expanded to over 500 designs with numerous licensed artists